To help your child learn the lower case letter v.
At the end of the lesson your child will be able to recognize the lower case letter v and say its name.
Pre-kindergarten – Kindergarten
What you will need:
- Some colorful finger paint
- Freezer paper or another type of finger painting paper
What to do:
- Using the finger paint, draw a lower case v on the paper.
- Tell your child that it is the lowercase letter v and it sounds like ‘vuh’.
- Ask your child to paint a lowercase v.
- Ask your child to paint a vase. Explain to them that it starts with the letter ‘v’. If you have violet finger paint, your child can paint the vase violet, and you can explain that the word ‘violet’ also starts with the letter v.
If your child learns the lower case v right away, have them work on the supplemental worksheets for the letter V.
Print out the attached worksheet. Ask your child to complete the worksheet by themselves. Feel free to help out if they get stuck or ask any questions.
In order to see if your child has achieved the goal of this lesson, write the small letter v on a piece of paper surrounded by other letters. Ask your child to look at the group of letters and pick out the letter v.