To help your child learn the lower case letter u.
At the end of the lesson your child will be able to recognize the lower case letter u and say its name.
Pre-kindergarten – Kindergarten
What you will need:
- Some pudding
- Freezer paper or plastic film that you can easily clean or throw away after use
What to do:
- Using the pudding like finger paint, paint a lowercase u on the freezer paper.
- Tell your child that the letter is the lowercase letter u and it sounds like ‘yoo’ or ‘uh’.
- Ask your child to paint a lowercase u with the pudding as well.
- Let your child eat the rest of the pudding after they are done painting letters with it.
If your child learns the lower case u right away, have them work on the supplemental worksheets for the letter U.
Print out the attached worksheet. Ask your child to complete the worksheet by themselves. Feel free to help out if they get stuck or ask any questions.
In order to see if your child has achieved the goal of this lesson, write the small letter u on a piece of paper surrounded by other letters. Ask your child to look at the group of letters and pick out the letter u.