To help your child learn the lower case letter s.
At the end of the lesson your child will be able to recognize the lower case letter s and say its name.
Pre-kindergarten – Kindergarten
What you will need:
- A piece of paper
- Some different colored crayons
What to do:
- Draw the number 6 on a piece of paper.
- Write the word six next to it. Circle the letter ‘s’.
- Tell your child it is the letter s and makes the sound ‘sss’.
- Ask your child to practice drawing the lower case s with different colored crayons.
If your child learns the lower case s right away, have them work on the supplemental worksheets for the letter S.
Print out the attached worksheet. Ask your child to complete the worksheet by themselves. Feel free to help out if they get stuck or ask any questions.
In order to see if your child has achieved the goal of this lesson, write the small letter s on a piece of paper surrounded by other letters. Ask your child to look at the group of letters and pick out the letter s.