To help your child learn the lower case letter f.
At the end of the lesson your child will be able to recognize the lower case letter f and say its name.
Pre-kindergarten – Kindergarten
What you will need:
- A wipe board
- An eraseable (not permanent) marker
What to do:
- Write the first 5 lowercase letters on the wipe board. As you do, ask your child if they know which letter comes after each one.
- Write the lower case f on wipe board.
- Draw a few things that start with the letter f on the wipe board.
- Tell your child that they all start with the letter f and that the letter f make the ‘eff’ sound. Then you can write the words on board and show them to your child.
If your child learns the lower case f right away, have them work on the supplemental worksheets for the letter F.
Print out the attached worksheet. Ask your child to complete the worksheet by themselves. Feel free to help them if they get stuck or ask any questions.
In order to see if your child has achieved the goal of this lesson, write several different letters including a small f on a piece of paper and ask them when one is the lower case letter f.