To help your child learn the lower case letter e.
At the end of the lesson your child will be able to recognize the lower case letter e and say its name.
Pre-kindergarten – Kindergarten
What you will need:
- Sand in a sandpit or on the beach
What to do:
- Write the letter lower case letter e in the sand.
- Take your child’s finger and help them to create their own letter e.
- Explain to them that it is the lower case letter e and that it makes the ‘eh’ sound in a word.
- Discuss together what things start with the letter e and write their names in the sand – for example, eggs, elephants, ears or earmuffs.
If your child learns the lower case e right away, have them work on the supplemental worksheets for the letter E.
Print out the attached worksheet. Ask your child to complete the worksheet by themselves. Feel free to help them if they get stuck or ask any questions.
In order to see if your child has achieved the goal of this lesson, carve several different letters in the sand, including the small letter e, and ask them when one is the lower case letter e.