To help your child learn the lower case letter d.
At the end of the lesson your child will be able to recognize the lower case letter d and say its name.
Pre-kindergarten – Kindergarten
What you will need:
- Some items that start with the letter d, such as donuts, dimes, dogs (toys), diamonds, or dishes.
- A crayon
- A piece of paper
What to do:
- Ask your child what the items you gathered are.
- Ask them what letter they all start with (it is okay if they don’t know it yet).
- On a piece of paper write down each word and circle the first letter.
- Explain to them that this is the lower case d and all of the items start with the letter d.
If your child learns the lower case d right away, have them work on the supplemental worksheets for the letter D.
Print out the attached worksheet. Ask your child to complete the worksheet by themselves. Feel free to help them if they get stuck or ask any questions.
In order to see if your child has achieved the goal of this lesson, write several different letters, including d, on a piece of paper and ask them when one is the lower case letter d.