The objective of this lesson is to teach your child to recognize and write the capital letter K.
At the end of the lesson your child will be able to recognize the letter K and say its name.
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten.
What you will need:
- A can of shaving cream
- A smooth plastic surface (like a table or a plate)
- A paper towel or a napkin
What to do:
- Spray a layer of shaving cream on the plastic plate.
- Use your finger and draw the letter K in the shaving cream. Tell your child to repeat the name and the sound that K makes (‘kuh’).
- Re-spread the shaving cream evenly over the plate and ask your child to draw a K in the shaving cream.
- Feel free to use this opportunity to have more fun drawing things in the shaving cream that start with the letter K, such as a king, a kangaroo, or or the kitchen of a house.
If your child learns the capital letter K right away, introduce the lower case letter k.
Print out the attached worksheet. Ask your child to complete the worksheet by themselves. Feel free to help them if they get stuck or ask any questions.
In order to see if your child has achieved the goal of this lesson, ask them to write the letter K in the shaving cream.