The objective of this lesson is to teach your child to recognize and write the capital letter F.
At the end of the lesson your child will be able to recognize the letter F and say its name.
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten.
What you will need:
- A wipe board
- A dry erase (not permanent) marker
What to do:
- Draw the letter F on the wipe board, one stroke at a time.
- Take your child’s hand and guide them to make their own letter F.
- Tell your child the name of the letter and the sound it makes (‘fuh’) and ask them to repeat it.
- Look around the room you are in and point out things that start with the letter F. For example, you might find flowers, a fireplace, a fridge, or the number four.
If your child learns the capital letter F right away, introduce the lower case letter f.
Print out the attached worksheet. Ask your child to complete the worksheet by themselves. Feel free to help them if they get stuck or ask any questions.
In order to see if your child has achieved the goal of this lesson, write a few different letters including F on the wipe board. Give them the dry erase marker and ask them to circle the letter F.