Have you ever finished a lesson and realized it was a fail? It happens to the best of us. Sometimes a lesson just doesn’t come together like it should. But, do you reflect about what it wasn’t successful and what you could do to make it better? Here are a few questions that I use when I realize a lesson didn’t go as planned. I hope you they help you like they’ve helped me.
- What did I expect to happen?
- What actually happened?
- Which part of the lesson needs to be changed?
- How can I change that part of the lesson in the future?
- What feedback did I receive from the students about the lesson?
- Which parts of the lesson shined?
- How can I implement those shining parts of the lesson into future lessons?